Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Vitamin B-12 gets nod to aid chemotherapy

In Jacob Goldstein's Health Journal column in the Wall Street Journal, he writes of medical science approval of some alternative treatments for cancer.
Vitamin B 12 and folic acid are recommended by medical science not to treat the disease itself but to treat the often debilitat ing effects of cancer and cancer treatment.
Acupuncture also gets the nod from oncologists as an alternative addition.

I take 5000 mcg of B-12 daily. A rasperry flavored sublingual lozenge that dissolves under the tongue. It has boosted my energy and improved my memory. Doctors give pregnant women B-12 shots. (I got them regularly for my four pregnancies.) I hear some socialites get B-12 shots from their medicine men. Masseur Paul Oleck, who also specializes in reflexology, is my twice-a-week massage therapist (He works on increasing mobility in my arms and tecommended B-12 in the higher dosage because he takes it himself.)
Paul declares that swallowing a pill is not nearly as effective as letting the tasty lozenge dissolve in the mouth. He says it goes right to the bloodstream.

My octegenarian and nonegenarian friends are now taking Solaray B-12 5000 mcg. every day and say they can feel some improvement. Paul gets it at the Vitamin Shoppe. Costs about $10 FOR A 30-DAY SUPPLY.

Seek more information from National Cancer Institute, National Center for Complementary
and Alternative Medicine and Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home